Day dreaming

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Day dreaming

Postby Sabine » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:34 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been travelling a lot throughout my life, have many good memories, and many stories to tell. I usually run the other way when it comes to joining groups to travel with. I love nature and historical sites.

So when I decided to make my first trip to South America, I was very troubled when I read that it was not recommended to travel 'alone'. I generally don't plan my trips much. I like jumping in my car and driving, following any sign that intrigues me or any scenery that gets my attention. I have closed my eyes before and let my finger fall on a map at a bus station in London, only to find myself buying a ticket to Conwy, Wales, which turned out a wonderful destination.

I searched many web sites and contacted many travel agencies. I just about lost hope that I would ever be able to follow my desire to travel south of the border when I came across GAP.
I ended up with a great group of people (New Zealanders, Norwegians, Canadians, a girl from England, and one from New York). I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and I never had the feeling of being 'herded'.

Can't wait until I am ready to plan another such trip!
Sabine
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby roofie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:09 pm

pretty much in the same situation, travelled a lot "alone" but when it came to some parts of south america I just felt the risks outweighed the benefits (for one that's never been to south america, at least).
roofie
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Return to New Members