Hi!

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Hi!

Postby ballu » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:35 am

I've made some posts but I guess I haven't yet introduced myself. I'm a 32 year old female from Kitchener Ontario Canada.

I can only afford to travel every 1.5-2 years, so in between that time I pur through travel brochures to escape reality. I frequent a couple of travel related websites because it lets me relive my past travels...and escape reality. Not that reality is so bad, but it's no GAP adventure!

My travel goal right now is to hit most/all the major regions. I live in North America, I've seen a bit of Europe, a bit of South America, a bit of the Middle East and Southeast Asia is next on my list.
ballu

hello there!

Postby ana » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:28 am

This is my first trip with GAP. I am sooooo excited! I can't wait. I hope this is the beginning of a great relationship and many new friends yet to meet..............ana
ana
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby bonzai2k » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:50 am

I thought I would take this time to introduce myself.

I am usually a solo traveller. I try to convince friends and family to join me but coordinating everything can be difficult.

I took advantage of a GAP adventure and it was an amazing experience. I would recommend travels with GAP to anyone.

I try to travel twice a year. One trip is usually diving. I really enjoy the adventure trips.

Between my travels, I like to do alot of local travelling on weekends.

Looking forward to chatting and getting more ideas and wisdom from other travellers.
bonzai2k

Postby Alyssa » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Ballu!

I'm also 32 yrs old and I do the same thing between travels....look through travel brochures, watch travel shows such as Globetrekker, Not Your Average Travel Guide, and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

I recently booked my first trip with GAP. I will be going on the Peru Panorama Oct. 7-Oct. 21. I'm sooo excited and can't wait to hike the Inca Trail!

When are you planning your next trip? What countries in southeast asia are you looking at traveling to?

Alyssa :D
Alyssa
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby ballu » Tue May 01, 2007 8:52 am

I'm planning my next trip in November for Cambodia and Laos...I've got a few days at the end so if it's not too expensive I'm hoping to build in a 2 day layover in Beijing to go see the great wall. Only 6 more months of waiting!

You're going to love Peru. My favourite part of the Inca Trail was after the day 2 hike. Everyone went in their tents to relax a little and I just sat there on a terrace outside my tent and watched clouds form in a valley below me.
ballu

Return to New Members