15 and can't wait to travel!

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

15 and can't wait to travel!

Postby Tephnie » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Howdy!
I'm Stephanie and I'm not your typical 15 year old.
I actually want to do more with my life than get drunk and go clubbing or whatever everybody else likes to do!

I want to save up my money now so that by the time I'm 18+ I'll be able to go on one of these GAP Adventures.
I haven't decided which one yet though, but I think I like the sound of the Bolivia Crossing one... well, I have plenty of time to research it all.

I can't wait until I'm older and saved enough money so that I can get out and see the world! Can anyone recommend their best trips?

Steph
:shock:
Tephnie
User Rank: Traveller

Postby Spuzzum » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:33 pm

I am doing the Absolute Peru - Lares trip in May, and everyone I have talked to raves about this one. I'll know more soon!! I can't wait!
Spuzzum

Postby ballu » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:23 am

The Absolute Peru is an amazing way to spend 3 weeks. You start in a large city, go down the Pacific coast line, across the desert, into one of the deepest canyons in the world, up to the highest navigatable lake in the world, a scenic trek in the mountains and down to the jungle.

I haven't done any more of South America yet, but the little taste I got with Peru definately makes me want to see more.

Congrats on having more ambitious travel plans than just going off to Europe to drink until you vomit. I always figure I can party at home :)
ballu

Postby Tephnie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Hehe thanks :D

I'm going to read up about that Absolute Peru trip then.
Tephnie

Postby cantrekker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:13 am

Hey Stephenie! If your intrested in travel why not look and some of the national travel/ volunteer programs like young Canada works or Katimavik (Need to be 17). You might also look at getting a travel club going at school. My cousin is a teacher that runs the program every year with some of her students. They work and do volunteer programs to earn money to go. Her groups have gone to Italy, France, and Germany. Most of her students are 16-17.
cantrekker
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby Tephnie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Wow that sounds like a good idea :)
Tephnie

Return to New Members