Another New Adventure Traveller

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Another New Adventure Traveller

Postby IncaTrail50 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:46 pm

My user name reflects the celebratory trip my husband, daughter, and I will be taking in May. Although we did a lot of camping growing up on the East Coast in Canada, as adults our vacations involved nice hotels. :oops:
This year my husband and I turn 50 in June and our daughter graduates from university so she decided we needed something a little more exciting to celebrate our milestones! We are all really pumped about hiking the Inca Trail and the idea of starting a new phase of travel! :D
If any other GAP alumni out there in our age group have suggestions for the Inca Trail we'd love to hear from you...
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer

Hey there!

Postby MickeyMacks » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:55 am

I see you grew up on the East Coast so just wanted to say hi! Your trip sounds like a fantastic idea to celebrate such important milestones. It's a trip your daughter will remember the rest of her life, and such a confidence-builder too for someone about to set off on the adventure of adult life.
MickeyMacks
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Hello Down Home!

Postby IncaTrail50 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:28 am

Hey MickeyMacks!

Thanks for your message. New Brunswick is the part of the east coast where we grew up...Saint John specifically...is that your area too? We've been away a long time but always back a couple of times a year to see family, walk on the beach, and smell that good old salty air. It restores our souls. We don't miss the fog from the Bay though...or that noxious old pulp mill... :lol:

Take care...we'll hoist a pint to you at Machu Picchu!
IncaTrail50

Return to New Members