Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Hello everyone!

Postby steve83 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi guys! My name is Steve..I am from New York and looking to book my first travel adventure and just not sure which one to pick. I was looking at "Turkey on the budget" but a little concerned with the "yolo" tag. Does it mean that it's just non-stop partying and drinking? I'm not really into that stuff and would like to spend majority of my time just walking around and exploring.

Thanks, and hope to see some of you soon!!
Steve
steve83
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby molly1958 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Steve
I am from Canada and have taken a few trips with Gadventures (also with Intrepid) - both companies have a similar set up and travel style. I have never had a problem with any of the adventures I have taken with these companies.

Usually I opt for the Classic trips, so I cannot really speak to the Yolo style other than I know they are trying to market those ones to the 35 and under age group.

I have been to Turkey and can say that is a good choice to get started! I loved the country and the people I encountered. The trip I took was Absolute Turkey. We saw so much and learned lots. If you have the opportunity - plan on the hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia. Fantastic!
Wear your bathing suit on the walk up the cliffs in Pamukkale - don't bother with the swimming pool, but relax in the natural pools along the cliffside.

Whatever you decide - enjoy!
molly1958
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby steve83 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks so much, Molly! I'm still deciding where to go, but I'm already really excited no matter where it is. Suddenly, I was looking at Rockie Roundup and that seems so appealing. I just don't know :) I'm thinking I will call a Gadventures representative tomorrow and ask some of the more general questions I have. Thanks again!
steve83

Postby dhitaldiwash » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi stev if you are still thinking where to go then in my view you should visit Nepal. It will be in budget and and exploring and adventurous trip too.
dhitaldiwash

Return to New Members