30-something traveler

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

30-something traveler

Postby jax4short » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi All,
I'm new to GAdventures and just booked my first trip to NZ in November. It's a "comfort" trip, so I'm hoping that means there will be others in my age (30s) in the group. Would love to hear from others who have been on these trips, and of course, anyone who has been - or is going to - NZ!
Cheers, Jackie in SF
jax4short
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: 30-something traveler

Postby karmack5 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:31 pm

I went to NZ last year on a 14 day tour of the north and south islands, although with a different tour company, they all stay in a lot of same areas. I am now going to try G adventures and am going to South East asia at end of april. Anyway, NZ is a great place, you have a great variety of landscapes. The north Island is where most population lives, Auckland is the city of sails, lots of boats at their harbour. I did a day cruise around there it was not bad, and they have pretty good water front. The Bay of Islands is a laid back area north of Auckland, there you can go dolphin cruising, and fishing or paragliding. Going south you hit Waitomo and Tapau, more volcanic activity, you can smell the sulfur in the air! Wellington is the capital and is a fun little city, home of their government and also Lord of the Rings.
South Island is spectacular! Nothing but mountains and alpine lakes very majestic! Also this is where you can do all the adventure stuff, river rafting, hiking, bunji jumping, jet boats, Zorbing, Sky diving etc. Or if not then you can hike and take it easy and enjoy the spectacular scenary. I also did a day long journey from Queenstown to Milford Sound and cruise, it was a long day but very awesome scenary. All the places we stayed were good, a mixture of hotels and eco resorts really not bad.
karmack5
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: 30-something traveler

Postby nzealandbound » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Also new to GAdventure and on the NZ trip in November. Liked this tour cause of the small group size. Great mix of things to do on both islands. Travelling from YYZ (Toronto) via Vancouver for the direct 13+ hr flight to Auckland. Will we survive the jetlag? Also travelling with my husband and his sister. We're babyboomers but not yet seniors - so a few gray hairs. Hoping to do some hiking, kayaking and take amazing photos on this trip of a lifetime. Less than 3 weeks til the adventure begins!
nzealandbound

Return to New Members