Excited Newby - South America Nov-Dec 2011

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Excited Newby - South America Nov-Dec 2011

Postby helenr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:20 am

Hi there,

Im so excited to be joining the South America Journey trip on 6thNovember (JMS Lima - Santiago)!
this is my first gap tour and my first trip away alone...must be mad but cant wait!

would love to hear from anyone else on the tour (combines with JML & JLS) or anyone that has any advice on things not to miss.
:-)
helenr
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Excited Newby - South America Nov-Dec 2011

Postby oasis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi there. Me and my girlfriend did the inca trail last sept. If your going to Peru its a must. Awesome experience and the people were amazing. My names Kirk.
oasis

Postby helenr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Hey Kirk,

Thanks for your reply. My trip does include the inca trail which I'm sooo looking forward.
I'm a little worried about my fitness though as I've not done much training (and I leave on Friday)so hoping I can make it!!!
Did you and your girlfriend do much training beforehand?
Thanks
Helen
helenr

Postby oasis » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:09 am

Hey there Helen. I did a lot of running yes but dont worry. My girlfriend didn't do any walking and running at all. You'll be fine. G adventures were great. Your in for a treat. Its one awesome life changing experience. Where you from by the way? We fly out to asia this fri 5/11/11 for a 3 week tour of Cambodia and Vietnam. Can't wait. When did you say you start the inca trail? let me know how you get on and the best of luck.
oasis

Return to New Members