scared to go!

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

scared to go!

Postby lilstephy89 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:17 pm

hi, im 21 and im planning on travelling. i was going to be going with someone but its just me now, im so confused by everything! there is so much advice, im proper scared to do it! i was looking at the 4 part trip to Thailand and the price seems pretty good, just start there and hopefully meet people and carry on travelling from there. will this work?! any advice would be appreciated!

much love steph :) xx
lilstephy89
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: scared to go!

Postby jimshu » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Hiya Steph,
Sounds like a good plan. Starting your travels with a tour can gain you experience and confidence to travel on your own afterwards. There's 1,000's of young travellers moving through Thailand and you'll hook up with others here and there, move on then find others wanting to do similar things.
You'll be OK.
Enjoy your travels.
LEAD WITH SERVICE
Our passion for travel is rivaled only by our commitment to those we serve
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

jimshu

Postby TravelFun » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Totally agree with Jim...starting with a tour will help you gain confidence and you'll have experienced travellers around who will be happy to help and share their wisdom & stories of travelling.

Also, when not with a group then book yourself in a hostel and you will have plenty of chances to meet others wanting to do similar things as you. The Lonely Planet seems to be the backpackers bible :P

Just take your time to absorb your surroundings to get a feel of how things are done and run. Asia really does wake up all your senses and plenty to soak in...you'll have a great time.

Go for it and you won't be looking back for sure.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby calvin4858 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:40 am

Hi Lil Steph,
I was in the same boat as you. Just got back today after 8 days in Phuket.
My approach was
- first day, wonder around and book a few tours for the next 3 days. (only do a few tours incase the tour company is crappy, you can go through a different tour company.
- 3days of tours. I got to meet alot of people, but you really have to put yourself out there and if your lucky you will find like minded people who you can hook up with later. (unfortunately I didn't)

Don't leave your passport with anyone. Several places want your passport to hire mopeds. If anything stuffs up (your fault or not) they will hold onto your passport until you do as they say. so you can't get out of country

Hope this helps
calvin4858

Return to New Members