Hello, Hello :D

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Hello, Hello :D

Postby damienanddonna » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi travelers, I'm new to the forum and Gap tours. I will be taking my first Gap tour, Indochina Encompassed in April. Myself and my wife are newly married and have done some trips before but never a tour.

We've done the UK (Scotland, Wales, & England) and France in 2009. In 2010 we did Italy, Las Vegas and Dominican Republic. This year we have done New Orleans so far.

That's a little bit about us
Safe and happy travels
Damien & Donna
damienanddonna
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Hello, Hello :D

Postby IncaTrail50 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:40 pm

I just went to Wales last year, toured around to the castles of Edward I, it's beautiful there! I loved New Orleans, too. Did you get to a swamp tour or Oak Alley when you were there? Tours on our own are always nice but I think you'll really like the GAP tours. You'll get so much more information when you have a guide along. The small groups make it easier to get to know everyone, too.
Enjoy!
Kim
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Re: Hello, Hello :D

Postby damienanddonna » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Wales is really beautiful, we spent a lot of time in Haverfordwest, visiting St. Davids Catheral, Pentre Ifan (neolithic burial chambers), and a few small fishing villages. I loved seeing the houses with the thatched roofs, mills still using water wheels and random sheep roaming around country roads.

New Orleans is something else, we were not there for mardi gras but they were starting to get ready for it. I can just image when it's in the full swing of things. We did make it out to a few tours while there, the swamp tour, Oak Ally and and the Katrina city tour. We also did a ghost/vampire tour, it's something we always do, they are usually cheesy but entertaining. I still have the odd craving for some chicory infused coffee from cafe du monde :)

If you make it back to New Orleans get a hurricane at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, it's at the end of the bar district on burbon. It's the only place down there that uses real fruit juice in their drinks not that fruit punch stuff. Forget about Pat O'Briens everyone recommends them but they are as commercial as it gets. Other places i enjoyed a lot was Embers on burbon and ACME.
damienanddonna

Return to New Members