1st Time Solo Traveller

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

1st Time Solo Traveller

Postby novicetraveller » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi my name is Annie. I am a 68 year old female from Vancouver, BC and I have booked DNV Nairobi to Victoria Falls for September 27, 2010. I have always tended to be alittle on the timid side and cannot believe I am really doing this. But here I go!!!!!!
I still work at a physically demanding job and have not doubts that I will be able to carry my own weight on the Safari. I love camping and am so looking forward to seeing, smelling and feeling and experiencing everything this trip has to offer and can't wait to take hundreds of pictures. Having said that that I am quite apprehensive of travelling two days there and back by myself with stops in Amsterdam and arriving in Nairobi the night before and staying in a hotel in a foreign country by myself. I sure would appreciate hearing from anyone who is leaving Vancouver at 8:20 PM on September 24th or arriving in Nairobi on September26th.
I will appreciate any feed back and of course encourgement any of you have to offer.
Thanks from a truly Novicetraveller.
Annie
novicetraveller
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: 1st Time Solo Traveller

Postby ballu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 pm

I did a Nairobi to Vic Falls overland trip last year...it was fantastic! You're going to love it.

If you're really worried, you might want to look into booking an airport pickup through GAP...that way after a long day(s) of travel you don't have to worry about getting to your hotel, negotiating a price etc.

You'll probably want to sleep in the next day. Your hotel will likely be able to arrange transport if you want to go out and explore, or maybe you just want to relax and lounge by the pool until your evening meeting.

For safety's sake, I'd suggest not walking around alone after dark.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Return to New Members