EXCITED about my first GAP Adventure - Going to Egypt

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

EXCITED about my first GAP Adventure - Going to Egypt

Postby bajanyankee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 am

This is my first Gap Adventure & I am SO EXCITED, but totally not prepared. Have been reading the forums, and will be in a mad rush to get prepped. I was born in Barbados, but the US has been my home since 1971. I have traveled throughout the US and Canada, a bit of the Caribbean & South America; and have been to England, Spain and France.
bajanyankee
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: EXCITED about my first GAP Adventure - Going to Egypt

Postby JaliscoJudy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:05 pm

bajanyankee wrote:This is my first Gap Adventure & I am SO EXCITED, but totally not prepared. Have been reading the forums, and will be in a mad rush to get prepped. I was born in Barbados, but the US has been my home since 1971. I have traveled throughout the US and Canada, a bit of the Caribbean & South America; and have been to England, Spain and France.

Welcome to the Watering Hole bajanyankee.

I would be excited to be going to Egypt too! It's definitely on my list. The GAP tours to Egypt look really good. Which one are you taking? What are you most looking forward to seeing/doing?
C R E A T E .H A P P I N E S S .& .C O M M U N I T Y
"creating happiness is a privilege we all share"
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/
JaliscoJudy

Postby IncaTrail50 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:38 pm

I was in Egypt in November 2009 and it was AWESOME! Enjoy!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby Zuleika » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 pm

I too had an amazing time in Egypt, its an amazing and facinating country and I found the Egyptians warm and welcoming, you'll love it!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby jimshu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 pm

You'll have a wonderful time!
Must be an amazing place.I think in all the threads on Egypt, there's hardly a negative been posted.
Have you posted your trip in the departure lounge to see if you can locate co-travellers?
LEAD WITH SERVICE
Our passion for travel is rivaled only by our commitment to those we serve

jimshu

Postby bajanyankee » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 pm

JaliscoJudy wrote:
bajanyankee wrote:This is my first Gap Adventure & I am SO EXCITED, but totally not prepared. Have been reading the forums, and will be in a mad rush to get prepped. I was born in Barbados, but the US has been my home since 1971. I have traveled throughout the US and Canada, a bit of the Caribbean & South America; and have been to England, Spain and France.

Welcome to the Watering Hole bajanyankee.

I would be excited to be going to Egypt too! It's definitely on my list. The GAP tours to Egypt look really good. Which one are you taking? What are you most looking forward to seeing/doing?

Thanks for the welcome JaliscoJudy! Sorry for this delayed reply -- had to figure out the system :). I am going on The Egyptian Journey DPEJ/2010: 7Mar - 20 Mar. I am most looking forward to gazing upon The Pyramids in person. What trips have you been on and/or how many have you accomplished on your list? Warm regards...bajanyankee
bajanyankee

Postby bajanyankee » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 pm

IncaTrail50 wrote:I was in Egypt in November 2009 and it was AWESOME! Enjoy!

Thank you for your reply IncaTrail 50. I believe I have seen many helpful comments and/or tips from you. I am glad these forums were/are available to travelers going to these destinations. Warm regards... BajanYankee.
bajanyankee

Postby bajanyankee » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:11 pm

jimshu wrote:You'll have a wonderful time!
Must be an amazing place.I think in all the threads on Egypt, there's hardly a negative been posted.
Have you posted your trip in the departure lounge to see if you can locate co-travellers?

Thanks for your reply Jimshu. All the threads I read have given good insights/tips, etc, which I believe will prevent me from having any negative experiences; AND, even when some folks had experienced unpleasant things, the bottom line was still that visiting Egypt and experiencing it's culture and people was wonderful! I posted in The Departure Lounge & have seen that there were numerous "lookers," but no one has commented :(. Warm regards...BajanYankee
bajanyankee

Postby bajanyankee » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Zuleika wrote:I too had an amazing time in Egypt, its an amazing and facinating country and I found the Egyptians warm and welcoming, you'll love it!

Thanks for your comments Zuleika. I hope I enjoy my time, as much as you seem to have enjoyed yours!...Warm regards, BajanYankee
bajanyankee

Postby lili a » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:33 am

jimshu wrote:You'll have a wonderful time!

Thats wonderful to hear that people enjoy it so much! I'm a new member, I'm saving up for a GAP trip for Egypt and hope to go in the next year or so. The question I have is I heard some people mentioned getting "Ancient Egyptian Overload", I'm am avid history nut and am currently researching all the temples, tomes and sights that I studied in school to figure out which ones I'd want to see before picking a trip. Do you think the talk of being overloaded by so many ancient sites is an accurate? That seeing that many in one go can become redundant?
lili a

Postby JaliscoJudy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:09 am

Do you think the talk of being overloaded by so many ancient sites is an accurate? That seeing that many in one go can become redundant?

I haven't been to Egypt (yet!) but I can say that in the Yucatan I never tired of seeing the Mayan ruins. Each one is different and the more I saw the more my curiosity and imagination was piqued. For history buffs, trips like yours are heaven. Enjoy!
C R E A T E .H A P P I N E S S .& .C O M M U N I T Y
"creating happiness is a privilege we all share"
JaliscoJudy

Return to New Members