Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Postby cooly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 am

Hello everyone, new member on here, but ive used GAP Adventures a couple of times already when i went to southern Thailand and for the Inca Trail, Peru. Im really excited to be using them again for Costa Rica this spring!
cooly
User Rank: Traveller

Re: New Member

Postby JaliscoJudy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:58 am

Hey cooly. It's great to have another experienced traveler at the Watering Hole. There is a lot of good information here about traveling in Costa Rica. I see that you're a true adventurer and have already started contributing to our community. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your travel experiences in the Asia and South America forums.

Welcome aboard!
C R E A T E .H A P P I N E S S .& .C O M M U N I T Y
"creating happiness is a privilege we all share"
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/
JaliscoJudy

Re:Southern Thailand

Postby koot » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi Cooly. . .just noticed you've done the southern Thailand trip . . . .im going doing the roam thailand in July all going to plan and was wondering if you have any tips or suggestions from our experience? :P
thanks
cathy!
koot
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby cooly » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm

I looked at your trip Cathy, I heard alot of great things on the northern end with the Hill Tribes & going to Chang Mai, in fact when i joined that group when we went south, it kinda annoyed me cause its all what they talked about. What i did was pretty much identical to your days 10 and on. Theres alot of walking around, but that depends on you so get some comfortable shoes, but other than that, the southern part is pretty much paradise, beaches were great, accommodations were fair. Have bug spray ready. The group really makes the trip so good luck on the people that you meet, i was suprised to see alot of Canadians in there so i had a really good time! I couldve had a better guide though, ours was decent, but if he couldve done more info about the history of places and the culture. If youre not afraid to try to eat from the street vendors, the best Pad Thai i had were the stands in the famous Kho San rd in Bangkok...ull find yourself there a couple of times...good luck!
cooly

Postby hcdownes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi Cooly, I'm going on the Southern Thailand Soujourn trip in May and from what you've said above, I'm really looking forward to it! Do you know if there will be much chance to spend some time on the beaches?

Harriet
hcdownes
User Rank: Weekender

Postby cooly » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi Hariet,
there will be some beach time at Ko Samui, but the beaches by the hotel we stayed arent so great , really narrow and overcrowded, best to party it up ;)...your last couple of days at Ko Tao will be your beach time, nice and relaxing ending to a pretty busy fun filled trip, most of us just relaxed and drank :P ...there will be some activities available if you want some adventure, there was a couple of guys from our group that went deep sea fishing and caught a bunch of fish even a barracuda! we had a great feast for dinner on our last day

enjoy!
cooly

Postby hcdownes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:12 am

Oh wow thanks for the info Cooly, that does sound really great and I look forward to the relaxing beach time after 18 crazy days in China beforehand. I'll make sure to steer clear of the crowded beaches and I'm thinking deep sea fishing wouldn't go amiss!

Harriet
hcdownes

Return to New Members