New to GAP Adventures, Looking forward to my first GAP Trip

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

New to GAP Adventures, Looking forward to my first GAP Trip

Postby scarl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to GAP Adventures, and group travel, and am currently deciding on a trip to take (possibly this Spring or Summer). I have traveled solo before, on five trips to Russia (Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and Vladikavkaz) so I am really looking forward to group travel and having someone else handle all of the in-country travel and lodging.

I've wanted to visit Egypt and Mexico for 20 years, but I either was too poor or I had a girlfriend who insisted on beach resorts (yawn). Now that I am unencumbered by either of those problems I plan on taking a trip a year until I have been everywhere I want to go.

I also have a noobish question to ask... what do the codes beside itinerary items mean? 3B, 4L, 2D? I looked all over the site for a legend but did not see one. lol
scarl
User Rank: Weekender

Re: New to GAP Adventures, Looking forward to my first GAP Trip

Postby jimshu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Hiya scarl.
Welcome along.You'll find plenty of info here and very enthusiastic members for this type of travel.Quite diferent than all inclusive beach resort (yawn) vacations.This is adventure travel where you are putting your steps out there , outside your comfort zone.Stretching your imagination and broadening your experiences.Great stuff!
Try Breakfast, lunch and dinner for those codes.Usually indicates what is included.
LEAD WITH SERVICE
Our passion for travel is rivaled only by our commitment to those we serve
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

jimshu

Postby scarl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Ah ha ha ha! Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner! I should have figured that one out. :oops:
scarl

Postby IncaTrail50 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Welcome, Scarl, getting those codes is kinda like the secret handshake here. It means you're in!
BEACH vacations...sheesh! I can sit in the sun in my backyard and do nothing for free...and the drinks are a whole lot cheaper! :lol:

Oh, and while I'm doing that I can plan my next adventure which this year I think involves a hike up Mt Everest. Or will it be Mt Kili? So many choices, so little time!
Enjoy!
Kim
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Return to New Members