New to the boards and new to traveling

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

New to the boards and new to traveling

Postby deannaandleo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi, my name is Deanna and my boyfriend and I are going on the JQR trip on Nov 22. I am basically brand new to traveling ... I mean we have been on a few vacation island trips (4) but they were all for about a week... not 3 months! lol... well wish me good luck that the bugs wont eat me alive! I kinda need some help on what I should Really bring on this 3 month long backpack only trip. Help! Thanks!!
deannaandleo
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: New to the boards and new to traveling

Postby ballu » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:47 am

Welcome to The Watering Hole Deanna!

I'm envious of your upcoming adventure. You and your boyfriend are going to have a great time. As for packing, keep in mind you'll need cool weather stuff for higher elevations and hot weather stuff for jungle and desert. Layers work best. If you find that you wish you had a warmer sweater, you can always just buy one there. You can handwash stuff as you go or send your laundry out at pretty much any hotel you'll be staying in for 2 nights or more.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Re: New to the boards and new to traveling

Postby ghistom » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:03 pm

I am not new to traveling but I am new to using Gap Adventures. My husband and I are going to a take tour with Gap in December though Vietnam. This will be the first time for us being part of a tour group on vacation, we like to wander around on our own so should be interesting. Any comments from people who have been to Vietnam would be appreciated and also anyone that has experience with home stays. Thanks
GLE.
ghistom
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Return to New Members