Solo Traveller Starting in Thailand

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Solo Traveller Starting in Thailand

Postby chaffaldhino » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi all

My name is and im 31 year old male from Leeds, UK Im about to set off on a year round the world trip. I fly from Manchester on 19th October and land in Bangkok (via dubai) on 20th October, i travel down to Singapore and fly to Brisbane on the 8th November, i then spend 6 months in Oz before heading to New Zealand then finally heading onto LA and the rest of America phew tired just typing it out!!!

im traveling alone so if anyone is doing anything smilar or is at certain points around my journey say hi who knows we could be sharing a beer in a bar somewhere out there. If anyone is doing anything or similar routes get in touch.

If anyone has any tips/hints/do's & dont's feel free to post and advice/help me as ive never done anything like this before.

At this minute in time all i have booked are my flights so would welcome any suggestions or advice.

Cheers

Andy
chaffaldhino
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Solo Traveller Starting in Thailand

Postby TravelFun » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:09 am

Welcome to the Watering Hole Andy....you sure have a great adventure ahead of you.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby bristollaura » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Hey Andy,

Thought i would send you a message, as i am also embarking on a solo RTW trip - but going in the opposite direction to you! Im 25 year-old female from Bristol.

I'm starting in South America in May next year and have signed up for one of the Gap Adventure trips to help me get started. I plan to stay for about 4 months before moving on to NZ, Fiji, then Aus (around Xmas/New Year) where i'm planning to stay for 6 months and hopefully work a while. So our paths will probably cross here! Heading to Singapore, Thailand and India on the way home.

I'm counting down the months now - cannot wait!

Thailand will be a great place to start, as there will be so many travelers, I'm worried i'm throwing myself in the deep end, starting in Latin America. But i'm trying to brush up on my spanish and hoping this will help!

Cheers
Laura
bristollaura
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby chaffaldhino » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi Laura,

Yes im planning on booking on a trip just waiting to see which one to do as i only have 3 weeks in Thailand and not sure which one to pick, better get myself into gear only got 6/7 weeks till i go!!!!

I will be spending Xmas/New Year in Sydney and as i have a working visa and im in Oz for 6 months im going to try set up 'base' there and try get a job.

Yes me too cant wait to set off and get going although i hold my hands up and am a little nervous but once im there im sure i will be fine.

Andy
chaffaldhino

Postby madzthewanderer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:59 pm

Hey guys,

If either of you are in Sydney in November, there is the massive Adventure Travel Expo happening. I went last year and it was SO helpful, for both travelling around Australia and heading overseas. It's at the Convention & Exhibition Centre and usually costs $7, but if you go to this link http://tiny.cc/IMbSK you can get free entry.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your travels!

Maddy
madzthewanderer

Return to New Members